A Workshop Preparing for Master’s and Doctoral Study in English Literature
11 March 2015, 3-6pm, Milldam, University of Portsmouth.
This workshop is open to all students considering further studies in English Literature.
- Is a Master’s degree for me?
- How do I write an application?
- How do I prepare to move from MA or MRes to PhD?
- What should I expect from postgraduate study?
- How do I write a PhD proposal?
- What funding opportunities are there?
These questions will be discussed in parallel workshops (for PhD candidates and Master’s degree candidates) run by the research active staff of the Centre for Studies in Literature. Workshops will be led by staff with experience of teaching on Master’s programmes and/or have experience of supervising/examining doctoral theses.
Places for this workshop are limited so please book on Eventbrite: http://postgraduatestudyworkshop2.eventbrite.co.uk.